Phnom Penh — On 30 April 2018, the National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and Union of Youth Federations of Cambodia (UYFC) signed a memorandum of understanding on strengthening of Workers’ Safe Commute to be held in Phnom Penh Hotel.
This event presided over by H.E. Ouk Samvithyea, Delegate of the Royal Government in charge as Director of the National Social Security Fund, and H.E. Hun Many, President of Union Youth Federation of Cambodia, as well as participated by leaders of both institutions.
H.E. Ouk Samvithyea, expressed a warm welcome to H.E. President of UYFC and told him that the purpose of this memorandum of understanding intends to create the cooperation for contributing to offer the training course and implement the road traffic safety planning with the aim of preventing and reducing the number of workers’ traffic accidents in Cambodia at the minimum level by making the commitment together to attain the implementation successfully.
He conveyed the great pleasure and appreciated highly about this cooperation as well as strongly hoped that after NSSF and UYFC signed this memorandum of understanding, the NSSF member and worker-transporting driver will raise an awareness of traffic safety in a bid to reduce and prevent against the traffic accident. NSSF has paid a high attention to the traffic work as follows:
- Collect the statistics of worker-transporting drivers and register them as the UYFC member.
- Disseminate the traffic law to workers and worker-transporting drivers at the factory zone and other locations.
- Offer the driving training course and driving examination to the drivers and distribute the driving licences by category of vehicles to them.
- Offer the training course for focal-point trainer on Road Traffic Safety to worker-transporting driver, personnel representative, and local trade union.
- Offer the training course on First Aid to worker-transporting driver, personnel representative, local trade union, and general practitioner to the factory.
- Install slogan banners in the factory.
- Facilitate at the accidental scene.
In the meantime, H.E. Hun Many said that the Union of Youth Federations of Cambodia has revealed a new success of the cooperation to offer the training course on Road Traffic Safety to workers and worker-transporting drivers in order to raise more awareness of worker transport safety and inspect worker-transporting vehicle, driving morality, and other necessary activities in line with the actual situation.
He also addressed a warm cooperation to the responsibility of both institutions for this good collaboration.