Phnom Penh—From 01 January to 14 November 2018, 54,338 postnatal women with 54,742 babies (twin: 395 and triplet: 05) were provided approximately 20 billion riels.
This provision is after the Royal Government declared in public that the formal and informal female workers registered in NSSF when deliver babies will get additional allowance of the Royal Government as follows:
- One child = 400,000 riels.
- Twin = 800,000 riels.
- Triplet = 1,200,000 riels
The National Social Security Fund (NSSF) of the Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training is authorized to distribute this additional allowance.
This special gift is to respond to the livelihood of workers lacking money during delivery, a policy to promote the social protection, promotion of the Cambodian population growth, and contribution to relieve the hardship of workers.
The new policy of this additional allowance provision was exercised by 01 January 2018 and supported completely by workers—particularly pregnant workers receive it from the Royal Government.
It highlights that the Head of Royal Government under the outstanding leadership of the wisdom of Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo Hun Sen, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Cambodia, has paid high attention to welfare and livelihood of the Cambodian citizens and workers.
To receive additional allowance from the Royal Government and other benefits from NSSF with punctuality and effectiveness, both postnatal formal and informal workers have to comply with the following instruction:
- The worker who has pregnancy from 26 weeks or more shall come to complete the formalities at the NSSF office in capital/provinces in a qualifying period of not later than 03 (three) months before delivery.
- The persons concerned shall attach foetal echo letter with the date of delivery, membership card of National Social Security Fund or Health Equity Fund, NSSF Khmer identity card and personal phone number.
- In case the person concerned has not complete the formalities at the NSSF office within the period above, the person concerned or representative shall inform NSSF promptly not later than 01 (one) month following the date of delivery.
- The persons concerned or their relatives shall inform NSSF via hotline: 1286 when the person concerned received medical care services in the health facilities without the NSSF agents on standby.