Thailand—In six-day conference on Prince MAHIDOL Award to be held in Bangkok, Thailand. H.E Ouk Samvithyea, Delegate of the Royal Government in charge as Director of the National Social Security Fund, nominated 02 NSSF delegates to attend this conference in order to study and discuss the theme on “Accelerating Progress towards Universal Health Coverage”.
H.E. Som Sophorn, Deputy Director of NSSF, certified that this conference focuses on 06 main point as follows:
- The progress on Universal Health Coverage Goals and
Challenges for the next decade in the context of Global Trend and Sustainable Development Goals.
- Health System Development focusing on primary health care with effectiveness and efficiency in response to the needs of citizens.
- Exchange of service delivery pattern and strategy implementation of service quality.
- Implementation and enhancement of principles and main strategies of health financing for Universal Health Coverage (UHC).
- Promotion of social responsibility and equity in order to enhance innovation in medical technology, digital health, service provision, and health financing in a bid to accelerating progress towards Universal Health Coverage.
- Strengthening leadership and accountability with the aims of accelerating Progress towards Universal Health Coverage and sustainable development goals, roles of local authorities, and civil society in order to transform commitment into action.
The conference above was prepared and supported by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), which lasted 06 days from 28 January to 02 February 2020, as well as taken part by relevant local and institutions in health sector of countries in the region amounted to approximately 1000 participants to be held in Bangkok, Thailand.