Phnom Penh—From 01 January to 30 April 2019, the National Social Security Fund (NSSF) distributed approximately 36 billion riels of the Royal Government to 89,966 postnatal workers with 90,605 babies (twin: 627 and triplet: 06).
It certified that from 01 January 2018 until now, both formal and informal postnatal workers will receive the additional allowance of the Royal Government as follows:
- One child = 400,000 riels.
- Twin = 800,000 riels.
- Triplet = 1,200,000 riels. This triplet will become the adopted children of Samdech Techo Hun Sen and receive 5,000,000 riels of allowance.
This special gift is to respond to the livelihood of workers lacking money during delivery, a policy to promote the social protection, promotion of the Cambodian population growth, and contribution to relieve the hardship of workers.
To receive additional allowance from the Royal Government and other benefits from NSSF with punctuality and effectiveness, both postnatal formal and informal workers have to comply with the following instruction:
- The worker who has pregnancy from 26 weeks or more shall come to complete the formalities at the NSSF office in capital/provinces in a qualifying period of not later than 03 (three) months before delivery.
- The persons concerned shall attach foetal echo letter with the date of delivery, membership card of National Social Security Fund or Health Equity Fund, NSSF Khmer identity card and personal phone number.
- In case the person concerned has not complete the formalities at the NSSF office within the period above, the person concerned or representative shall inform NSSF promptly not later than 01 (one) month following the date of delivery.
The persons concerned or their relatives shall inform NSSF via hotline: 1286 when the person concerned received medical care services in the health facilities without the NSSF agents on standby.