Within only one month from 1st to 31st August 2019, the Royal Government provided 2.3 billion riels in total to 5,805 postnatal workers (39 delivered twin) with 5,844 newborns through the National Social Security Fund (NSSF) according to the report of Benefit Division of the National Social Security Fund of the Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training.
Partly, in a period of 8 months from 1st January to 31st August 2019, the Royal Government provided 19.9 billion riels to 49,480 postnatal workers (311 and 04 delivered twin and triplet respectively) with 49,799 newborns.
It’s certified that in a bid to provide the additional allowance of the Royal Government punctually and effectively to the postnatal worker, person concerned must comply with the following instructions:
- The worker who has pregnancy from 26 weeks or more shall come to complete the formalities at the NSSF office in capital/provinces in a qualifying period of not later than 03 (three) months before delivery.
- The persons concerned shall attach foetal echo letter with the date of delivery, membership card of National Social Security Fund or Health Equity Fund, NSSF Khmer identity card and personal phone number.
- In case the person concerned has not complete the formalities at the NSSF office within the period above, the person concerned or representative shall inform NSSF promptly not later than 01 (one) month following the date of delivery.
- The persons concerned or their relatives shall inform NSSF via hotline: 1286 when the person concerned received medical care services in the health facilities without the NSSF agents on standby.
It’s certified that both formal and informal postnatal workers who are the NSSF member will receive the additional allowance of the Royal Government as follows:
- One child = 400,000 riels.
- Twin = 800,000 riels.
- Triplet = 1,200,000 riels. This triplet will become the adopted children of Samdech Techo Hun Sen and receive 5,000,000 riels of allowance.
Note: Additional allowance of the Royal Government shall be provided to the NSSF member in private sector only.