Exchange Rate for March 2014
The National Social Security Fund offers basic social security to all workers in private sector. We register members, receive their contributions, manage funds of the scheme, process and pay out benefits to qualified members or dependants.
What is Social Insurance?
- Compulsory by legislation
- Comprehensive protection
- Offers long term security to employees and their dependants
To become the leading center of social security services provision.
To present distinctive services to all members in the course of timely registration in order to to help to relieve social burden and promote social stability
- To manage and administer the social security schemes according to the provisions of the law concerning social security schemes for persons defined by the provisions of the Labor Law.
- To ensure the provision of all benefits for the member of NSSF (insured person) for the purpose of providing income security in case of any contingencies such as old age, invalidity, death, occupational risks, and others.
- To collect contributions from the respective members and employers.
- To facilitate and organize the provision of health and social services for the members.
- To cooperate with the respective organizations involved in the:
- Educate and promote strategies for occupational risk prevention; and
- Promote measures on health and safety at the work place.
- To cooperate with relevant organizations to study and investigate occupational diseases.To manage the investment of social security funds.
- Provision of Basic social Security to entire working population in Cambodia
- Mobilization of domestic savings for national development
- Raise public awareness of the importance of social security
- Promote a collective responsibility
- Efficiency and effectiveness